Friday, December 2, 2011

Beloved Hudson


"Far above the chilly waters of Lake Avalanche at an elevation of 4,293 feet lies summit water, a minute, unpretending, tear of the clouds - as it were - a lovely pool shivering in the breezes of the mountains and sending its limpid surplus through Feldspar Brook to the Opalascent River, the well-spring of the Hudson."
-Verplanck Colvin who discovered Lake Tear of the Clouds. The highest lake in New York state and origin of the mighty Hudson River. 


When my pup, Sasha, passed away in February, I swore off getting another dog for quite some time. The experience of losing my 14 year companion in a matter of weeks was too overwhelming. What I failed to realize was that owning a pet care business would bring me back to those feelings sooner than I expected.

It gives me great pain to write that today marks the conclusion of Hudson's battle with cancer. She lived a long and rewarding life - for herself and the people that surrounded her. Hudson was the elder statesman of her home. Percy & Stubby were off running marathons around the house while Hudson  stayed close by, providing a sanctuary from the furor of her younger brothers.

She was a strong pup that has provided a lifetime of love & memories. My heart goes out to Hudson and her family.

xoxo,
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment